Friday, May 8, 2009

Editorial cartooning is back, baby!

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Sean Hannity's Liberty Tree
colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorGay Marriage


I love it! Maybe editorial cartooning is a shrinking field in the print media. But Sean Hannity is blazing new trails for the profession! Check out his editorial cartoon. It's an exercise in trite and antiquated metaphor, but how sweet it is to see that Sean realizes the effectiveness of this art. I wish he'd carried it farther and talked about how Fox News and he in particular are the smelly sack of manure that fertilizes his "Liberty Tree." Oh, well. Can't have everything.


2 comments:

bluebird said...

Good to see you back, once a week in the Eagle isn't enough.

Richard said...

Thanks. It's different, drawing only once a week. So many issues I have to let slide now because I only have one shot. Plus I feel like I should stick to local events since syndicated toons cover the national stuff. Oh, well.