Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Makes you wanta pour maple syrup on the sky




Old pal Dan Rouser called to say he just got out of the dentist office, looked up and saw the clouds forming a cool waffle pattern up in the heavens. He thought I might want to blog about it. Three things I love about this situation: One -- I love having the kind of blog that people think I might like to post about the cool clouds on. Two -- I love the cool clouds. Three -- I love having friends who call to tell me about them.

Because I was driving my daughter to violin lessons I couldn't get a photo. But I looked up and, by golly, there were waffle clouds in the sky! Hope you saw 'em too. I love Kansas.

I didn't get a chance to ask Dan if there was a nitrous oxide factor involved...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Richard
Great blog. I came across it as I was trying to find out whether the metalic taste and blackish colour of the maple syrup in a small Canadian tin of the stuff I found in my cupboard this morning was a bad sign... No answers on the net at a first googling, but this great post. Thanks.