Friday, October 23, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
The video I had linked to is no longer available so here are some of Boss Limbaugh's quotes which sound an awful lot like racism to me:
- "We are being told that we have to hope [Obama] succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ... because his father was black."
- "I do believe" Obama is an "angry black guy."
- "[I]n Obama's America, the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering."
- "Obama's entire economic program is reparations."
- Obama is "more African in his roots than he is American" and is "behaving like an African colonial despot."
- Obama is "Halfrican-American."
- "Obama has disowned his white half ... he's decided he's got to go all in on the black side."
- Sotomayor "a reverse racist" appointed by Obama, "the greatest living example of a reverse racist."
- Obama "wants us to have the same health care and plan that he had in Kenya" and "wants to be the black FDR."
- Latching onto LA Times op-ed, Limbaugh sings "Barack, The Magic Negro."
- "God does not have a birth certificate. Neither does Obama"; Obama "has yet to prove he's a citizen."
- Limbaugh on Gates controversy: "Here you have a black president trying to destroy a white policeman."
- Limbaugh suggests Obama would not have acted on Somali pirates if he'd known they were "actually young, black Muslim teenagers."
- Limbaugh: "The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well."
- Limbaugh says "NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips."
- Limbaugh declares basketball "the favorite sport of gangs."
- Limbaugh invented "racial component" to Hackett's decision to withdraw from Ohio primary race.
- Limbaugh on Survivor series: "African-American tribe" worst swimmers, Hispanics "will do things other people won't do."
- Limbaugh suggested Colin Powell only supported Obama because of race.
- Limbaugh: Gates is an "angry racist."
- Limbaugh called illegal immigrants an "invasive species."
- Limbaugh repeatedly calls Native Americans "Injuns."
- Limbaugh says Democrats' interest in Darfur is securing black "voting bloc."
- Limbaugh says that if "feminazis" had remembered to oppose "affirmative action for black guys ... they wouldn't face the situation they face today."
For more information, please see: http://mediamatters.org/research/200910130049
Friday, October 9, 2009
Hooray for Garrison Keillor who pointed out this important fact today on Writer's Almanac:
John Lennon, born on this day in Liverpool (1940). His parents separated when he was one. His mother came in and out of his life, and he was raised by his aunt and uncle. But his mom taught him to play the banjo and they listened to rock 'n' roll records together. of
And thanks to my pal John Lenoch for pointing it out to me.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Now I have another reason to love my Apple Mac. The company just announced that it's dropping out of the Chamber of Commerce because of the Chamber's anti-science, pro-pollution stance which favors more global warming. Really, it's shameful that the Chamber of Commerce is also a Chamber of Denial.
I've always thought the name "Chamber of Commerce" is a hoot. How pretentious can you get?Sounds like something out of a Superman comic book. "Superman flew into his Fortress of Solitude because he was super-bummed by the idiocy displayed by the Chamber of Commerce."
Thursday, October 1, 2009
...and they "poked a little fun" at traditional editorial cartoonists. I know this show really exists because many 10-year-olds in the classes I speak to ask me to draw the baby character. Stewie or something like that. I tried to watch it once but decided my sock drawer needed organizing that night and switched it off. Anyhow, over at the Daily Cartoonist blog they posted this vid which instigated much navel-gazing and self-flagellation amongst some cartoonist types. I think it's pretty funny.
We should start worrying when they stop making fun of us.